11 January, 2014

The Joy of Christmas Creativity!

Here's a fun little Christmas video my friends and I made in December.  Enjoy...


Robot Adventures on Planet Earth - Christmas! from Curtis L. Wiebe on Vimeo.


This is the second official video in the Robot Adventures on Planet Earth series (here's the first one), but it's Space Robot & Lif-Tor's first Christmas video together! Space Robot was featured in a previous Christmas video The Secondhandpants: Total Christmas of the Heart.

While we were setting up for this most recent video, I was inspired with an idea for a Christmas card.  Sending out Christmas cards is something I have only done twice before.  I think on average it works out to be every decade or so.

The first Christmas card I ever sent out was back in the early '90s, and featured a photo of me in my black velvet disco suit, with a disco ball, a sprig of mistletoe, and the caption "Merry Christmas, Baby."  If I can find the card, I'll scan it and edit it into this post.  In the mean time, here's a photo of me in my black velvet disco suit at a fairly recent formal attire bowling party - you'll have to imagine the rest yourselves.


The second Christmas card I sent out, was for Christmas 2000.  I was living in Indiana at the time, serving a three-year term with Mennonite Voluntary Service.  It was the end of my first year and I created a postcard photoshoped to look like I was at the south pole.  The text of the card was a very poorly redacted message describing a fictitious account of my settling in to my new life at the south pole.  However, any reference to the south pole appeared poorly erased and an actual account of my time in Indiana overwritten in an obviously different typeset, although the original text was still legible.  It also featured a stamp in the lower corner "Message Approved by the Witness Relocation Program."

Again, I'll have to dig around to see if I can find a copy of that to scan and then update to this post.

Here is my offering for this year (hopefully you've already watched the video so this won't be a spoiler for you at this point).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home