17 April, 2006

2 Project-of-the-Month Instructables!!


Last month Instructables.com held a contest for the best instructables posted on their site during the month of March. I submitted two projects: Easter Eggs Dyed With Onion Skins and Microwavable Mitten Warmers. Both of them won!! They are two of ten projects chosen as Project of the Month!

I was hoping one of them might win something, but to have both of them win is way awesome!! Now winning Project of the Moth is basically winning second place. First place goes to five projects deemed Outstanding Project of the Month.

But these titles are nothing to sneeze at. The ten Project of the Month winners (of which I am two, I guess) win a Leatherman Juice S2 multi-tool & an Instructables T-shirt. The Leatherman is custom laser engraved with "Instructables". How cool is that, eh?!

The five outstanding winners have their Leathermans upgraded to the Juice KF4 multi-tool.

There are also twenty-five honourable mentions who will receive just a Instructables T-shirt, but no Leatherman tool. Frankly that's what I figured my Easter Egg project might win... if I was lucky.

By the way, I am totally stoked with how many people have followed my instructions for using onions skins to colour Easter Eggs! They've left comments with links to pictures of the eggs they've made, including one person who posted a follow-up instructable this month showing how to use fern fronds & flowers between the onion skins & the eggs to leave a cool shadow of the objects.

I was fortunate to have both Make and Treehugger post links to my projects; that dramatically increased traffic to them. Treehugger had an especially cool write-up by Kyeann Sayer, (St. Petersburg, Russia) about my mitten warmers!

RICK

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always known you were fabulous! Congrats!
Skari

19 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home